Leak Detection And Repair
If you notice a larger than normal (more than 1/4 inch per day) decrease in pool water level, you may have a leak. If your pool has an automatic fill device, it might be harder to detect. Let our trained leak detection technician help locate and repair your leaking pool.Here are a few symptoms of a pool with a leak.
- Increased chemical demands (to treat new water that is added to the pool).
- Increased water bill.
- Cracks in the deck resulting from settling earth.
- Unexplainable evidence of water outside the pool.
A common reason for minimal water loss is natural evaporation. To best determine if your pool is experiencing evaporation or water loss due to a serious leak that needs immediate attention, you can perform the Bucket Test.
The Bucket Test
- Fill the level of your pool to normal operating level (normally mid-tile or mid-skimmer).
- Fill a bucket with pool water to about one inch from top.
- Place bucket on first or second step of pool.
- Mark water level on inside of bucket.
- Shut off pump and mark pool level on outside of bucket.
- Resume normal pump operation.
- After 24 to 72 hours, compare the two levels. If the pool water (outside mark) goes down more than the inside level…unfortunately you have a leak.
CAUTION: BUCKETS ARE A POSSIBLE DROWNING HAZARD FOR TODDLERS. LOCK YOUR POOL GATE DURING THIS TEST!
Texas Pool Service can perform a leak test for you!
For major leak repairs, a personalized price quote will be provided.
- Underwater Repairs
- Skimmer Repairs
- Main Drain Repairs
- Return Line Repairs
- Grout Joint Repairs
Our fees are reasonable, and all our work is guaranteed.
Do you have a question regarding your pool? Please feel free to call with any questions about chemicals, cleaning, safety, repairs or any other pool issues. We’ll be happy provide the information you need.